Blizzard ‘Overwatch’ Wins Game Of The Year Award With “Overwatch League” At The Inaugural Esports Industry Awards
Blizzard’s first-person shooter game “Overwatch” won the New Esports Game of the Year Award from the inaugural Esports Industry Awards held in London. With stiff competition, “Overwatch” outplayed it’s the other games that include “Call of Duty: Black Ops III, FIFA 16, Street Fighter V, and others.
Most awards were decided by a jury that included Christopher “Montecristo” Mykles, Paul “Red Eye” Chaloner, Alan “Bricey” Brice and representatives of Team Dignitas, NOWTV and Twitch, but voters were also allowed to participate. Richard Lewis, winner of Esports journalist of the year; Robert Paul, winner of Esports Photographer of the Year; and Overwatch, called New Esports game of the year were decided by popular vote.
Here is a breakdown of all of the night’s award-winners:
- Esports Journalist of the Year – Richard Lewis
- Esports Photographer of the Year – Robert Paul
- Best Esports Coverage Website – theScore esports
- UK Esports Player of the Year – Callum “Swanny” Swan
- Best Hardware Provider – Scuf Gaming
- New Esports Game of the Year – Overwatch
- Esports Rookie of the Year – Amer “Miracle-” al-Barqawi
- Esports Broadcaster of the Year – Auguste “Semmler” Massonnat
- Esports Live Event of the Year – The International 6
- Esports Team of the Year – Team EnVyUs
- Esports Commercial Partner of the Year – Monster
- Best Streaming Platform – Twitch
- Console Player of the Year – Seth “Scump” Abner
- PC Player of the Year – Marcelo “Coldzera” David
- Esports Publisher of the Year – Valve
- Streamer of the Year – Michael “Imaqtpie” Santana
- Esports Game of the Year – Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Esports Personality of the Year – Gabriel “FalleN” Toledo
What are your thoughts about this news? Let us know in the comments below.