A new patch is live on the PTR and the notes for it are quite interesting. It brings changes to spectator mode, custom games and also to those 3 heroes mentioned above.
Patch Notes 188.8.131.52 General Updates
- Static cameras supported in spectator mode
- Team names can now be edited in custom games
- Raised the volume of Hanzo’s Dragonstrike voice line while wearing the Okami/Lone Wolf Skin
- Heroes hit by Ana’s Nano Boost have a new voice line that informs other players
- Increased frequency of Reinhardt’s “barrier falling” voice line
- Custom Games can now be paused
Of all these changes, the biggest one by far is that Custom Games can now be paused. This will certainly come in handy especially for tournaments. If something happens the pause feature will kick in until everything goes back to normal and the match can go on. It is a nice move by Blizzard to implement something like this before a major tournament as it is the World Cup.
Also the little changes to spectator mode will certainly help for a better experience.
Patch Notes 184.108.40.206 Hero Balance Updates
- Nano Boost: Ultimate cost has been increased by 20%
- Biotic Grenade: Radius has been increased from 3 to 4 meters.
Now, this one might as well be the biggest change in this patch. Ana is a really important part of the current meta. There is even a meta on the making around her, the 3 tanks 3 supports meta with Ana as the center of it.
The change to her ult could be considered a nerf, but probably a needed one. Her ult charges way too fast sometimes and can break the balance of the match. And it is not like she will be unviable now, it’s just that there will be more counterplay available.
- Widow’s Kiss: Scoping-in animation time reduced from 0.5 to 0.3 seconds
This will certainly help the sniper to be faster in certain situations, like in the middle of a teamfight or while being flanked by a fast-moving Genji.
- RIP-Tire: Ability now activates more quickly.
According to Blizzard, Junkrat can be “extremely effective in the right hands, but RIP-Tire often felt underpowered when compared to his counterparts”.
These are the general and hero changes being tested in the PRT right now. If you wish to read the full Patch Notes 220.127.116.11 you can do so here.