Interested in the PS4 Overwatch competitive scene? Read on! TheOverGuard Season 3 for PS4 Overwatch players is starting this weekend.
TheOverGuard is a community and league for console gamers. Console players have the opportunity to join and play in a competitive environment. TheOverGuard aims to become the top community for the PS4 Overwatch players. They provide high-skill matches, casting and good stream quality to help this scene grow.
- For anyone interested, they stream from Thursday to Sunday and they start at 8:30 pm.
- They stream 2 matches on Thursdays and Fridays and 3 matches on Weekends.
- All matches are BO3 with maps drafted through OWDraft.
- Streams will be on for around 2-3 hours per night, until all matches are played.
- The season lasts for 9 weeks. At the end of season 3, the top 8 teams will compete in a Tournament. The top teams of said Tournament will get a part of the prize pool.
- Matcherino is their current sponsor. But TheOverGuard is actively looking for new ones to benefit the community.
TheOverGuard is also announcing an open Tournament in October without a Prize Pool. The objective is to further enhance the PS4 Overwatch Community even more.
Rules are somewhat similar to PC.
- The ruleset is Competitive + Stopwatch.
- 1 hero per team select limit
- It is possible to switch heroes.
- High Bandwith is on.
- Killcam Off
The teams participating need to have their rosters completed 5 minutes before the event. They have the option to have up to 3 substitutes.
If you are interested in watching some PS4 Overwatch Competitive matches, you can find them on TwitchTV: TheOverGuard